Senior Companion Program
St. Mary's Senior Companion Program has served Grand Junction, Clifton, Palisade and Fruita since 1990. Senior Companion volunteers provide support and friendship to those who need assistance with grocery shopping, errands and other everyday tasks necessary to maintaining independence. Without this help and friendship, many older adults would be forced to leave their homes for assisted living facilities or nursing homes.
If you are 55+, and can volunteer 2 to 3 hours per week to help another senior with transportation to the grocery store, doctors' appointments and other errands, give us a call today!! (970) 263-9091.
The Benefits of Being a Senior Companion Volunteer:
- Flexible, fun volunteer activities that help senior citizens
- Hourly, tax free stipend (if eligible)
- Paid vacation and sick days for stipend volunteer positions
- Mileage reimbursement of .36 cents per mile
- Discounted gym membership at St. Mary's Life Center
- Free annual physical and 55-Alive Safe Driving Course
- Social gatherings such as picnics and luncheons throughout the year
- Monthly training opportunities with a variety of guest speakers
- Volunteer insurance for accidents, personal liability, and auto liability